In the heat of an auction, mistakes can happen. Whether it’s a change of heart or an unintentional typo in the bid amount, we understand that errors occur. To maintain the integrity and fairness of our auction platform, we offer the ability to retract bids under certain circumstances.
When Can a Bid be Retracted?
- Change of Heart: If a bidder decides they no longer want an item, they can request a bid retraction.
- Typographical Error: Accidentally added an extra zero or input the wrong amount? No worries! Bid retractions can help rectify genuine mistakes.
Steps to Retract a Bid:
- Contact Customer Support: Reach out to our dedicated support team with details of the bid you wish to retract.
- Provide Necessary Details: Ensure you specify the item number, bid amount, and reason for the retraction request.
- Await Confirmation: Our team will review the request and, if deemed valid, will retract the bid on your behalf.
Note: It’s crucial to retract a bid responsibly. Frequent bid retractions can affect the credibility of a bidder and may result in restrictions or penalties. Always double-check bid amounts and be certain about your bidding decisions.
Remember, our primary goal is to ensure a smooth and fair auction experience for all participants. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to retract a bid, don’t hesitate to reach out.
Steps for Auction Admins to Retract Bids:
Step 1) Click “Auctions,” then “Manage Auctions.”
Step 2) Click the name of your auction.
Step 3) Once you have arrived at your auction’s Dashboard, click “Items” then “All Items” on the left-hand side of your screen.
Step 4) Locate the item with the incorrect bid and click on the number in the “Bids'” column.