Any time of year you are planning a fundraiser, gift baskets are an ideal option. Who doesn’t enjoy getting a themed gift basket full of goodies? Baskets are versatile. They make great holiday fundraising ideas for silent auctions. They also do very well in online charity auctions. Hit up local small businesses, and ask them to donate items for gift baskets. Have them include a business card and discount coupons in the basket. Also, offer mentions in your fundraiser advertising. These 33 gift basket ideas for fundraisers will help you score a home run with your fundraising efforts.
33 Themed Gift Basket Ideas for your Fundraising Event
● New Baby Basket – swaddling blankets, handmade toys, pacifier, diaper cream, baby shampoo, onesies, all displayed in a baby tub or car seat.
● Date Night Basket – a romantic basket! Gift cards for restaurants, movie tickets, popcorn, bowling, go-carts (or any activity that could be used for a date), and flowers. To make it a sure seller, include a babysitting service.
● Weekend Getaway Basket – contains a voucher for a hotel, or bed and breakfast. Include champagne, wine, cheese and other romantic snacks. Also, toss in some vouchers for activities near the Hotel: Spa, tour guides, hiking/riding/cycling, etc.
● The Christmas Basket – include tinsel, garlands, ornaments, lights, candy cakes, fruitcake, Christmas-themed cookie cutters, Advent calendar, Hickory Farms style edibles, wrapping paper, ribbon, and tape.
● Pampered at Home Basket – bath gels, lotions, facial kit, bathrobe, fluffy slippers, luxurious towels, massage products, and a pedicure kit, etc.
● Wine Lovers Basket – have a selection of red and white wines, wine glasses, plus snacks to go with the wines, like cheese and crackers, and meats.
● World of Wines Basket – a selection of different wines from around the world. Include a bottle opener, a wine reference book and an ice bucket.
● Pirates of the Caribbean Basket – a chest of pirate booty that includes: chocolate gold coins, a gold bracelet or earrings, model ship kit, plastic sword, eye patch, and a DVD of the movie.
● Auto Care Basket – car wash vouchers, car wash products, air fresheners, tire pressure gauge, and seat covers, etc.
● Hair Care Basket – have a selection of hair care products – a hair dryer, a curling iron, shampoos, conditioners, gels, hair spray, comb/brushes, and hair clips, etc.
● The Baker’s Basket – a wicker basket of baking mixes for cakes, brownies, pancakes, pie crust, pie fillings, rolling pin, glass pie pan, wax paper, cookie cutters, cut cupcake liners, and a baking cookbook.
● Chocolate Lover’s Basket – have an assortment of gourmet chocolates, chocolate liqueurs, chocolate muffins, cookies, and fudge. Be creative and have a few rare, weird, and wonderful chocolate products.
● Beach Blanket Bingo Basket – colorful towels, plastic pail, shovels, beach ball, umbrella, cooler, Frisbee, radio, sun block, and funky sunglasses all displayed in a beach bag or picnic basket.
● Rainy Day Fun Basket – a basket of puzzles, board games, deck of cards, dice, popcorn, ingredients to make s’mores, chips, pop, classic books and movies. Throw in a fun raincoat and rubber boots too.
● Golfing Galore Basket – Include balls, golf tees, an umbrella, sunglasses, golfing glove, cap, golfing magazines, vouchers to local courses, and a free session with a golfing instructor, etc.
● Gourmet Coffee Basket – include a coffee machine, a variety of filter coffee packs, espresso coffee packs, milk frother, coffee plunger, and gourmet or rare coffees, as well as, gift certificates to a favorite local coffee shop.
● Gardening Basket – garden gloves, shovel, seeds, spray can, fertilizer, soaker hose, sprinkler, knee wagon, and a hand rake.
● Candle Aroma Basket – include a variety of candles and accessories – candle holders, matches or lighters, candle making kit, and candle making books, etc.
● Pet Lover’s Basket – themed towards a specific type of pet – cat, dog, bird, or horse, etc. Have a selection of pet toys, snacks, food, shampoos, and a voucher for the local vet.
● Camping Adventure Basket – flashlights, tent, compass, local area hiking guide, lantern, cook stove, outdoor cooking pot and utensils, canteen, camping foods, and gift certificate for outdoor recreation store for sleeping bags.
● Tea For Two Basket – include a variety of teas, crackers, petit fours or tiny cakes, a tea set with cups, and a teapot.
● Julie and Julia Basket – high end cooking dishes, Julia Child cookbooks and DVDs of her show, the book and movie, Julie and Julia, and a local cooking class for the winning bidder and a few of their friends.
● Cultural Food Basket – choose a culture like Italian, Thai, Indian, or Zulu (or a few cultures, for a few different baskets) – select a group of food items, jewelry, cultural books, tourist books, curios, and artwork, etc.
● Body Builder’s Basket – dumbbells, resistance bands, exercise mat, sweat towels, sweat bands, gym subscription, voucher for personal trainer session, stability ball, and training DVDs.
● Athlete-in-Training Basket – pick a specific sport and build around it. For example, cycling – with gift cards to cycle shops, cycling helmet, spare tire tubes, pump, and bike repair kit, etc.
● Barbeque Time Basket – use a barbecue as the actual basket and include tools, sauces, spices, tongs, recipe books, and vouchers for meats.
● Global or Micro Beer Basket – include an assortment of beers and drinks from around the world or your local microbreweries.
● Adrenaline Junkie Basket – include vouchers for sky diving, white water rafting, rollercoaster rides, horse polo lessons, track cars, motorcycle rentals, etc.
● Video Games Basket – select a unit to build your theme, like the Sony Playstation 4 or the Microsoft Xbox, and fill a basket with the most popular games and a gift card to their local game store.
● Designer Makeup Basket – include a variety of makeup, also throw in a voucher for a training session with a professional makeup artist.
● Survival Kit Basket – first-aid kit, bottled water, wind up transistor radio, flashlight, matches, lightweight blanket, freeze-dried food or MRE’s, and a survival guide.
● Sports Fan Basket – include a team jersey, team hat, tickets, peanuts, Cracker Jacks, binoculars, heat pads, banner, team flag for car and even tickets.
● Knitting Basket – knitting needles, yarn, pattern books, knitting magazine subscription or book, completed scarf, knitting class for winning bidder and friends with local knitting guru.
Have we inspired you with these fun, themed gift basket ideas for fundraising? What unique basket or bundle ideas have you come up with at your fundraisers? We’d love to hear all about it! Start a conversation on our Facebook page.
You might also like: Quick Holiday Fundraisers