Soar Over the Coastline Beauty of Big Sur and Monterey, with Michael Sutton - Ocean Conservation Policy Expert
Michael Sutton served as a member of the California Fish and Game Commission from 2007 to 2015. During that time, he helped create the nation’s largest network of marine protected areas off the California coast. Mike teaches ocean & coastal law at the Vermont Law School and recently co-authored a book, Ocean & Coastal Law and Policy, one of the most successful ever published by the American Bar Association. Michael is currently the director of Ocean Champions and a board member of Sea Save Foundation.
Previously, Mike served for eight years as Vice President of the Monterey Bay Aquarium where he founded the Center for the Future of the Oceans, the Aquarium’s conservation advocacy arm. Before that, Mike helped establish ocean conservation programs at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the World Wildlife Fund.
You will join Mike in his Cessna Turbo Centurion and soar over the rugged coastline of Monterey Bay and Big Sur. Starting in Monterey, you will have a bird's eye view of John Steinbeck's Cannery Row and the renowned coastline of Big Sur. Your aerial tour will include examples of the marine reserves recently established to protect this magnificent ocean and coast.
Additional Lot Details:
- Expires one year from the close of auction
- This experience is for one person
- Travel is not included
- To be scheduled at mutually agreed upon date, based on donor availability, but before the expiration date of trip
- Blackout dates may apply
- Winner must contact a Sea Save Foundation representative within thirty days of auction closure
- Contact with the donor must be made within ninety days of auction closure
- Sea Save Foundation strongly suggests travel insurance
- Refunds will not be made for any reason
- Experience cannot be transferred, resold or re-auctioned
- We expect the winning bidder and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending this experience. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must
Company Name : Michael Sutton