Dive Mexico's Hidden Treasure in Xcalak with Yucatan Dive Trek
One of the best-kept secrets of the Yucatan in Mexico is Xcalak. With Yucatan Dive Trek, you will explore the town of Xcalak, which is a small fishing village located right on the border between Mexico and Belize. The town is adjacent to the Xcalak Reef National Marine Park and the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest in the world. Xcalak is the oldest town on the Mexican Caribbean coast and has a rich history.
Xcalak is a hidden gem with world-class diving and was designated a National Park in 2000. It is located at the end of a peninsula, with the Caribbean Sea to the East and Chetumal Bay to the West. The bay, mangroves, lagoons, rivers, reel lagoon, coral reef and sea comprise an incredibly inter-connected, rich and bio-diverse eco-system.
You will spend three nights at the XTC Dive Centre's Flying Cloud Hotel located directly on the beach. Each room is uniquely decorated and comes with en-suite bathroom.
The diving in Xcalak, with the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef (MBRS) located at its front door, is surprisingly diverse. From trenches that cut through the Barrier Reef and house very large schools of tarpon, to large, cavern-like formations within reef walls, beautiful, intricate swim through formations with clouds of silver sides lit up by beams of sunlight to deep walls perfect for Technical diving, Xcalak has a great deal to offer divers of all skill levels. There is a one of a kind dive site in Xcalak called “La Poza”, or “The Pit.” It is a fracture within the barrier reef, in the form of a half-pipe. In La Poza it is also common to see large schools of tarpon, dog snapper, jacks, goliath grouper, eagle rays and much more.
Chetumal Bay, behind Xcalak, is home to one of the largest populations of manatees living in the wild. Often, these manatees go out to the ocean and swim among the reef. These encounters are truly spectacular.
Just for you, the XTC Dive Center has prepared a lionfish containment excursion. Not only will you learn about the impact of lionfish on this diverse ecosystem, but you will have the opportunity to go on a special lionfish containment dive, followed by a deliciously prepared lionfish meal at the onsite restaurant. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Additional Lot Details:
- This experience expires December 31, 2018
- Three nights at the Flying Cloud Hotel in Xcalak.Q. Roo, Mexico
- Five day dives in Xcalak Reef National Park
- One night dive in Xcalak Reef National Park, Lionfish containment dive and dinner
- Does not include transfers to and from the airport
- Does not include any extra activities booked during stay
- Valid for one person
- Room taxes are included
- Room type: Standard
- Approximate duration: Three nights. Blackout dates: Christmas/New Year (December 19, 2017 - January 9, 2018), Easter week (April 1 - 7, 2018), and from June 17 - August 31 unless the guests are willing to upgrade to different accommodation at winner’s own expense
- Only breakfast is included
- Airfare not included
- To be scheduled at mutually agreed upon date, based on donor availability, but before the expiration date of trip.
- Blackout dates may apply
- Winner must contact Sea Save Foundation representative within thirty days of auction closure
- Contact with the donor must be made within ninety days of the auction closure
- Sea Save Foundation strongly suggests dive safety insurance
- Sea Save Foundation strongly suggests travel insurance
- Refunds will not be made for any reason
- Experience cannot be transferred, resold or re-auctioned
- We expect the winning bidder and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending this experience. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
Donated by :
Company Name : Yucatan Dive Trek