The White Lotus
Size: 22" x 30" (Guache and ink on 140lb cold press paper)
"The White Lotus" is a depiction of a lotus; a flower that blooms most beautifully from the deepest and thickest mud, being torn to pieces by a dragon.
Beginning life as a koi fish with enough strength and perseverance to swim upstream and through the rainbow gate, dragons themselves are transformative beings.
Dragons are seen as the protectors of mankind, symbolizing supernatural power, wisdom, strength, hidden knowledge and In most traditions, embody chaos and untamed nature.
The dragon moves the tide, conjuring up storms, bringing great winds of change , whose necessity is only understood by nature and the supernatural.
The Dragon's expression is meant to be playful, and express the sentiment that no matter how painful, it is for your own good.
Every night as it enters darkness the lotus finds its sanctuary in the muck, protected, its beauty unaffected as it sleeps awaiting it's opportunity to rebloom each morning.
The White Lotus is a reminder of the daily journey we have embarked on is continuous life, death, and rebirth.
50% of proceeds will be donated to Flying Kites.
The items offered for sale (“the property”) are offered and sold by Flying Kites on the following terms and conditions.
1. These conditions of sale constitute the entire agreement between Flying Kites and the bidders and buyers at the auction.
2. All property is identified in the general auction website and on this website. Every effort has been made to describe the property correctly and accurately based on the donor’s description. However, Flying Kites makes no other representations or warranties of any kind of nature, express or implied, regarding the correctness of the description, the authenticity, physical condition, quality, rarity, value or importance of the property or its fitness for any purpose.
a. Values on the auction site have been provided by the donors of the property and are estimates only, based on current retail prices. These values shall not be deemed a representation or warranty regarding the actual value of the property.
b. All property is sold “as is.”
3. Bid numbers may be obtained online on this website. Information including bidder’s name, address, telephone number/s and email address/s will be recorded.
4. Bids on items must be made online on this website. Bids below the suggested minimum bid will be rejected. Bids must use round dollar amounts and the increments stated on the web page. All bids are in USD.
5. Bids must be raised online on this website. The highest bid recorded by stated time and date will be declared the winner. Bidders must be at least 18 years of age.
6. Flying Kites retains the right to reject any bids. Flying Kites may withdraw any property from the auction at any time before the actual sale. If the minimum bid for an item is not met, the property may be withdrawn from the auction. If Flying Kites is unable to contact the winner within one (1) week after the close of the auction, the next highest bidder will be declared the winner. Flying Kites has the sole and final discretion to determine the winner, who will then be notified by email.
7. In addition to the successful bid, the winning bidder will be responsible for paying actual costs for shipping and handling. A representative from Flying Kites will be contacting you to coordinate shipping and handling.
8. All sales are final. No refunds will be given for any reason. Winners may not ask for refunds or exchanges from the donors.
9. While the Flying Kites appreciates your interest in the auction, it may not be available, under applicable laws, in some jurisdictions outside of North America, Canada and the United States’ territories and possessions.
10. Wave 1 of the auction begins at 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST), February 23, 2021, and ends at 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST) March 2, 2021. Wave 2 of the auction begins at 11:59 a.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST), March 2, 2021, and ends at 11:59:59 a.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST) March 9, 2021. To prevent auction sniping, if there is bid activity within the 5 minutes of auction closing, the item will remain open for bidding an additional 5 minutes past the stated closing time. The item will remain open until there is no bid activity for 5 full minutes at which time item will close.
11. By bidding on this item, you are agreeing to be contacted by Flying Kites. You may opt out of communications at any times, unless it is related to coordination of shipping costs.
IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION:
A portion of the amount of your payment to Flying Kites may be deductible for federal income tax purposes, based on the excess of your successful bid over the value of the item purchased. The retail value of each item offered was provided by the donor of that item and is printed on the auction page. Tax deductions may or may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Please work with your tax advisor to determine the deducibility of your purchase.