Dive the Sea of Cortez, Mexico Aboard Quino el Guardian, Liveaboard Dive Boat! 7 Nights For 1
Join 15 other divers as you dive the Sea of Cortez, called "The World's Aquarium" by legendary diver, JacquesCousteau.
Did you know you can fly to Phoenix and within 4 hours be boarding a boat to one of the most remote places in the world? A world with no planes, very few boats, clear skies and amazing sunsets with clear, deep waters, abundant sea life, and golden sandy beaches.
The Sea of Cortez - known as the Gulf of California - is a breathtaking destination for scuba diving, snorkeling, and exploration. Dive on untouched walls and reefs abounding in marine life. Encounter large and small whale species, snorkel with whale sharks, dive with playful sea lion colonies and see countless eels, octopus, fish and jumping mobula rays. It's a macro photographers dream with nudibranchs, colorful blennys, dancing jawfish and sea horses.
Between dives you can hike and explore remote uninhabited islets and at night you can gaze at the Milky Way. Give us one week and we will help you create a lifetime of memories while forging new friendships aboard Rocio del Mar and Quino el Guardian. You will dine on incredible cuisine and enjoy the friendly service that has made us famous.
This is the itinerary. As always, we remain flexible depending on conditions, currents, etc.
Day 1 - Embark at 5pm in Puerto Peñasco. Depart at 6pm
Day 2 - Wake up at Refugio Bay on Angel Island
Potential Dive sites: Angel Rock, La Vela, Lolo’s Cove
Sunset Zodiak Cruise with Sea Lions
Day 3 - Angel Island
Potential Dive sites: Andrea’s Eagle, El Aquario, Las Vivoras, Las Vivoras including a night dive
Day 4 - San Pedro Martir
Potential Dive sites: El Arroyo, Punta Martir (Sea Lions), Chayo’s Cove
Day 5 - San Pedro Martir
Potential Dive sites: Ravijunco, Xareni’s Pinnacle, Coromel, Morrito
In afternoon we go looking for whales!
Day 6 - Salsipuedes & Animas
Potential Dive sites: Los Cuervos, El Caballo, In Animas, El Lavadero, El Lavadero including a night dive
Day 7 - Baja and Snorkeling with Whale Sharks in Bahia De Los Angeles
Potential Dive sites: El Pescador, Baja Ca.
Start heading back to Puerto Penasco in afternoon
Day 8 - Disembark at 7am
Welcome to Quino el Guardian!
Quino el Guardian is extremely seaworthy and is approved by both the US Coast Guard and the Mexican Coast Guard. She is equipped with state-of-the-art electronics and all required safety equipment.
Our vessel is 90 ft long with a 23 ft beam.
Quino comfortably accommodates 16 passengers with additional space for two of the group leaders in the crew quarters
- 4 cabins with 4 beds: 2 bunks on each side equaling 4 beds
- Each bed has a privacy curtain, light and power outlet
- Dresser with 4 large drawers – one for each guest with additional storage under the beds
- Rooms are typically assigned by gender
- 1 cabin with two beds that sleeps 2 (typically reserved for a couple)
- We do our best to put a second couple in their own room whenever possible, however this is subject to availability due to the mix of men/women on the boat
- There is air conditioning throughout all interior areas for everyone’s comfort – each cabin can be individually controlled
- 4 spacious bathrooms with a full size shower in each on the dive deck (also air conditioned) – each bathroom is assigned to a cabin so guests can leave their personal items inside
- 2 community lavatories on the dive deck
- Large galley that comfortably accommodates all passengers with a projector and a drop-down screen for group presentations.
- Salon is comfortable with sofas, a TV, a computer table set up, books and DVD’s
- Huge, well organized dive deck with gear storage for all your diving equipment
- Spacious camera table with lots of power outlets
- Dive platform for easy access to the inflatable pangas
- Rinse shower on the dive platform
- 2 on-board compressors
- Large shaded sundeck with lawn chairs – perfect for relaxing between dives.
- 2 inflatable pangas with drivers to get you to and from the dive sites – each has a sturdy ladder for the safety and comfort of our divers
- All power is 110 (just like the US)
Donated by Quino el Guardian & Rocio del Mar Liveaboards
- Expiration: Travel must be completed by December 31, 2019 - trip can be booked anytime during the 2019 season (July through mid-September)
- Valid for 1 person
- 8 days / 7 nights (Sunday to Sunday)
- Four guided dives per day (conditions permitting)
- Tanks, air and weights
- All meals, snacks and beverages
- Complimentary beer and wine
- Gratuities & taxes are not included
- Airfare is not included.
- To be scheduled at mutually agreed upon date, based on the donor’s availability, but before the expiration date of trip. Blackout dates may apply.
- The winner must contact a Sea Save Foundation representative within 60 days of the close of the auction or the package will be forfeited
- Sea Save Foundation strongly suggests travel and dive insurance
- Experience cannot be resold or re-auctioned
- We expect the winning bidder and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending this experience. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must
- For more trip details, visit www.QuinoElGuardian.com
Company Name : Quino El Guardian